Preparation: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 8 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
4 VÔG red peppers
1 cup of chickpeas
2 garlic gloves
1/2 tsp or 2.5 ml of onion powder
A few sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 tsp or 2.5 ml of espelette pepper powder
4 pita breads
1 VÔG cucumber
- Place the rack at the top of the oven and preheat on a broiler.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and the membrane and brush with oil. Put it on a pan with a baking sheet, skin side up, then put it in the oven until the skin turns black. When ready, immediately place the peppers in an airtight container until they are warm.
- For this step, use the rack in the center of the oven. Heat the oven to 350 °. Cut the pitas into triangles. In a bowl, mix them with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Divide on a baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Chop the garlic and parsley. Remove the skin from the peppers (it should be easy to remove after step 2). In a blender, grind the peppers, chickpeas, garlic, parsley, onion powder and chili pepper. Add a drizzle of oil and the juice of half a lemon. Salt and pepper. Mix and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Cut the carrots and cucumbers. Serve everything with the pitas as a dip.
organic peppersMore information More information