4 burger buns
A few leaves of Boston lettuce
500 g of salmon fillet, skinless, finely chopped
3 tbsp or 45 ml of mayonnaise
1 tbsp or 15 ml of sesame oil
1 tsp or 10 ml of sriracha sauce
2-3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup or 60 ml of vinegar
2 tbsp or 30 ml of white sugar
Chopped cilantro, to taste
1 tsp or 10 ml of chopped ginger
The white part of 3-4 green onions, chopped
The green part of 3-4 green onions, cut into strips, lengthwise
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/4 cup or 60 ml of Panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp or 30 ml of chopped cashew nuts
- Make the pickled cucumbers: In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, with the vinegar, sugar and 60 ml (1/4 cup) boiling water. Add a pinch of salt, mix well and marinate until ready to serve.
- Make the salmon mixture: In a bowl, combine the salmon, chopped cilantro, egg, chopped green onions, ginger, garlic, breadcrumbs and cashews. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cook the salmon patties: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Form 4 meatballs with the salmon mixture and cook 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and sesame oil.
- Assemble: Grill the burger buns if desired. Top the buns with the sauce, lettuce leaves, salmon patties, pickled cucumbers and green onions.